Friday, 21 September 2007

5 mins of fame!

Well today was a bit odd. I went to the track on Tuesday with the BBC as they wanted to film the car for a news event. The article was aired on Midlands today and here is a link to the article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7000000/newsid_7006900/7006931.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1

Then I got a call from the radio station in coventry and discussed the car live on air!! seems like everybody is interested in rc speed cars all of a sudden.

Anyway I managed to fit a .21 engine into the RRR. I had a to carry out a few mods to get it to fit

Firstly the engine mounts did not fit on the original chassis so I made a new one, Then the engine stuck out too far at the back so the middle belt wouldnt fit so I had to lengthen the lay shafts.

Its installed now so ready for Sunday. Here is a pic

No comments: