Sunday, 23 September 2007

Speed Event

The speed event was held today at Long Marston and things didnt really go as planned but it wasnt a bad event. Here is the vid



The day started as it continued with me spilling a large coffee in my lap as I got out of the car!!

The timing loops were placed 30m apart and taped to the tarmac. The tape held up OK. DOug Tanner of Cotswolds RC car club was in charge of the timing and he did a fantastic job of organising. Well done Doug.

The trails got under way and I started with the RRR. I ran a couple of runs at 90ish then changed the gearing lower. The touring shell was lifting at high speed so changed to the Lola. I finally managed 100.00 mph over the 30m loop!! AT LAST!!

An electric car took off over the loop and nearly hit a kid that had wandered onto the track, it was then Doug decieded that we should move the timing loop so that it was behind the concrete barriers.

I ran the triple and had problems again. Poor setup was too blame and I should have spent more time on it instead of messing with the RRR. Anyway I think the problems are terminal and I will need to feed the power through a single 2 speed gearbox. To prove this I have ordered all new clutches and 2 speeds and will set them up so they are exactly the same. If this doesnt work its back to the drawing board.

I ran 103.59mph making the contest a dead heat between me and the electric guy.

Well thats the summer over and its back to crap weather, oh wait thats what we had all summer!! I plan to do one more run and then redesign the car for the world championships next year.

It's been a blast!!

Cheers

1 comment:

MPiat said...

Congrats, I saw your awsome car, it sounded incredible.